Re: Rear overriders

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear overriders
From: Chuck Simmers <Chuck_Simmers@ccm.ch.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 98 09:06:00 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff,
        I put Frogeye rear overriders on my Midget Mk2. Simply used a piece
of formed 1.5in x 3/16in mild steel strap to go between the overrider mounting
holes and the existing inward bumper mounting points.
        Much cleaner look and more room for exhaust.
-Chuck
'67 Bentley T
'66 MG Midget/Toyota 1.6L DOHC
'66 Matra M520

 I've been thinking about trading the rear bumper on my '65 Sprite (it's
mangled) for some simple overriders similar to a Bugeye setup. I noticed in
a couple of the Brooklands Gold articles that some of the early MkIIs had
these instead of the full bumper. However, upon closer inspection, they may
not simply be Bugeye overriders as their leading edges (the edges against
the car body) do not seem as curved. Could they be overriders from, say, a
Triumph Tr3?

Jeff

Jeff Boatright       __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html