Re: oil dipstick tube question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oil dipstick tube question
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 08:37:11 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Trev -

I had the same problem until I replaced the right side engine mount.
The heat from the catalytic converter kills the rubber on that pretty
quickly, and it collapses, which lets the engine drop a bit to the
right, which creates (more of a ) clearance problem for the dipstick.

It can be replaced with the engine in the car (with a bit of judicious
jacking, shoving and levering.)

My 0.02, hope it's helpful.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net