Re: Valve spring installed height

To: will_thane@email.msn.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Valve spring installed height
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 07:43:27 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Will--

On my Kent Cam kit, I didnt have the benefit (or disadvantage, maybe) of
having the instructions--The box, ordered from VB had been opened and reclosed
with saran wrap, and the noted instructions (and decals) were missing.  Upon
installation of the springs into my 1275, I compared the height of the
springs--the Kents beng just a bit longer--due, I surmised, to the originals
being pounded over the probaly 20 years the engine was run.  I installed the
new springs directly into the engine in place of the old springs--no
modifications, no machining.

Perhaps when we start em up we will be rebuilding!   LOLOL  Maybe we can start
them together and blow them together--bring some Champagne--we will have a
valve-spring blowing party.  Then rebuild both of them. But I don't think so.
There didn't seem to really be that much difference, and the head only acts as
a backing for the springs to spring from, so I think we will be OK!!!!

I will look forward to hearing from the real mechanics on the exchange for
input.

------David
       '67 Sprite MKIV, Vicky