Front end lift at high speed.

To: Rick Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>, chuck ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Front end lift at high speed.
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:45:40 -0600
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Rivergate@compuserve.com, team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Black Beauty, (#55 Team Thicko Bugeye) is quite stable at all speeds, even
over 100mph.  Have not noticed any front end "lift".  I cant say that about
my Big Healey however.  That car became very light in the front end at
speeds over 90 mph.  Scarey?  You bet!

One thing I did notice on the Bug though.  The hood is hinged at the front
and held down at the back with hood pins.  You have to "push" the hood down
to get the safety pins in.  At high speeds, there is enough air going
through that grill opening that the rear of the hood actually "floats" and
lifts about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Gar
TT-MOD