Re: Caliper Question

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Subject: Re: Caliper Question
From: spriteguy@juno.com (Matthew P Johnson)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 20:58:29 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike,

Here is how I've gotten pistons out.  Use a "C" clamp to hold the piston
on the fitting side in place.  You will need to pressurize the caliper
via the threaded hole.  I push a piece of extruded polyureathane tubing
(similar to medical tubing) into the threaded hole. Then I will fit the
tubing over the nozzle for compressed air.  Squeeze the trigger and the
unclamped piston pops right out.  Watch your fingers.   The piston will
have lots of force behind it so to be safe I usually  cover the caliper
with a steel plate or pan just in case the piston would find its way
outside the confines the caliper.  Also, it's a good idea to put a rag
(or something) between the pistons to soften the blow. Ok now that you
have the one piston out, you will need a brass rod small enough to pass
through the threaded hole.  Remove the clamp from the remaining piston
and use the rod to drive or press out the second piston.

Hope it works for you.

Matt

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:58:48 EST Mymgmidget <Mymgmidget@aol.com> writes:
>Have the caliper on the Midget (78) apart now.  Can't seem to figure
>out a way
>to get the piston out.  Anybody please help !!
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]