Re: Oil Pressure Gauge

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Mymgmidget@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Gauge
From: TRIPPY <RTRIPLETT@FAB9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 98 04:52:00 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
M,

I can't give a precise answer, but I learned a trick with my '74 Miget.  The
oil pressure part of the gauge leaked and as a result the P.O. stripped all the
related parts off (the metal tubing and all that) and capped it off at the
threaded fitting on the engine.  I finally got a new gauge and was scratching
my head about how to get the oil from the engine to the gauge now.  Hoping for
some idea, I went down to a local autoparts store and found a solution - a
threaded flexible grease-gun hose.  It's high-pressure-rated and threaded right
into the engine.  From there, I got a length of 1/8th inch metal tubing and a
couple compression fittings and I was in business. Used a bit of teflon tape,
and it hasn't leaked a drop from day one.  I could not have been happier... I
hope this might work for you, or open up some other thoughts!

Good luck,
Richard

: Can anyone tell me how you can hook up an oil pressure gauge in a 78 Midget
: ???.  I'll be breaking in the motor and dont want to be without an oil
: pressure gauge.  Mine has the single temp gauge.  Id like to get a dual gauge
: if they are available for a midget.  I have an MGB oil gauge but the fitting
: on the motor is smaller.
:
: Thanks,
: M