Relief from Hot Bearings

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Relief from Hot Bearings
From: chasdoug@gte.net
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 05:37:40 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks to Jim Seippel and Ulix Goettsch for suggesting I look at the
brakes.  I backed off both adjusters on the left side one more notch and
the car is noticably "spritely-er" (perhaps also solving my poor gas
milage mystery).

The bearing still gets warm (but apparently not hot) and squeaks, but I
suspect I've fried it.  So, a new one gets ordered today (I can replace
them pretty quickly at this point...) and my problem should be solved.

I'm surprised the car didn't pull to the side with the brakes dragging,
as another correspondent suggested it would.

Thanks!

Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA