Re: Bugeye Steering Wheel

To: chasdoug@gte.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Steering Wheel
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 15:37:07 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chas,
the cheapest wooden wheels I know of are Mountney from England.  Mini
Mania carries them.  I think you can find a picture if you look around
their web page.  Check the MIni section if you can't find it.
I have driven a MIni with one of these wheels.  The quality is decent, but
they might not last forever.  The grip is real nice.

Ulix

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 chasdoug@gte.net wrote:

> What was the size of the original bugeye steering wheel?
>
> Mine has a 15" wood wheel which, while nice, seems too large.  Although
> it is certainly possible that the problem is that I'm too large.
>
> Does anyone know of any suppliers of steering wheels for bugeyes that
> are less expensive than Moss?  Their MotoLita(?) wheels seems nice, but
> $200+ for the wheel and whatever for the adapter seems like a lot.  I
> don't care about originality, a nice rubber wheel would be fine with me.
>
> Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA

                                                           '67 Sprite