Re: 78 Midget Questions.....

To: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 78 Midget Questions.....
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:42:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Dietsche wrote:
> What pistons did the Spitfire 1500's use?

  I beleive it was the same by model year, but I am not sure.

> Did the 78 Midgets come with a full size Rostyle spare, or a "donut"
> spare?  Mine had a donut in the trunk, but it doesn't look like it
> came over from the UK that way??just curious.

  I have a full size spare, but who knows if that was original.

> I wanna put in an oil pressure (and maybe oil temp) gage??are the
> threads on the existing oil pressure warning light switch something
> normal, or some goofy British standard pipe thread or something?  I'd
> like to know I've got the right fittings in hand before I shop for
> gages?..

  Get the dual pressure/temperature gauge from a 75 or 76 Midget,
it installs in the same hole and all hookups are trivial if you
can get a look under the hood of a real 75. (Drive to ottawa I'll
show you how mine is hooked up ;>)

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada