1500 Midgets.....Long may they run!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500 Midgets.....Long may they run!
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:27:43 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Thanx for the advice and answers to my many questions, all…..Last nite
I ran the engine after a couple months of garage work  (cleaning and
coating the gas tank, rebuilding the carb, etc).  With that done I'm
ready to begin the next phase (ignition rework), then finally engine
rebuild, paint, and interior.  Since I'm an airplane guy I tend to
take the same approach with car maintenance: a phased maintenance
while the car is operational, followed by complete downtime for deep
overhaul ("depot maintenance" in airplane lingo).  Anyway, it's fun to
work on these things and try to make them what they used to be (or
more!)……

Does anyone know of some similar lists/websites for Triumph Spitfire
owners?  Since we owners of the late '70's Midgets share the same
engines I'm sure our comrades in Spit-World have some engine thoughts
of interest to us.  I know the rubber-bumper Midgets and MGB's are
supposedly "uncool" in comparison to their older siblings, but I kinda
like their looks, their price…..plus the 1500 in my Midget seems like
it has some potential for interesting mods.  You don't feel like
you're destroying a "classic" piece of history when you hack into an
ugly stepchild model!

Thanks again!
Mike Dietsche
78 Midget