Re: 1500 Midgets.....Long may they run!

To: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Midgets.....Long may they run!
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:58:58 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You don't feel like
you're destroying a "classic" piece of history when you hack into an
ugly stepchild model!

Mike: Thats exactly my dilemma in owning my 1963 MK 1098CG sidecurtain
model. I just installed non original springs and even though the
original's are no longer available, I still felt like I was betraying a
piece of history. Thats why I will never install a 5 speed, a set of
webers, highback seats or a suped up 1275 in my midget. My model is the
rarest midget there is, a sidecurtain car with factory disc brakes and
wire wheels. One of my buddies bought a 1976 Midget brand new, it still
was a lot of fun to party around in.

Fred
1963 Midget