Screwed The Pooch (Again)

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Screwed The Pooch (Again)
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 15:42:58 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I wasn't getting anywhere with the "B" brake installation on the Bugeye so
thought I would attempt to install the engine with the Datsun 5 speed in my
other Bugeye now that I've solved the pressure plate to release bearing
clearance problem. Attempted to fit it in 6 times, after each attempt,
pulling it back out and beating on the heater box and lip some more. The
bottom of the box and the lip are beat to crap and there is still not enough
room for the damm thing to fit, keeps wedging against the bottom of the
heater box before the pan clears the front cross member. While taking it out
the 6th time, the speedometer gear box caught on something and sheared the
speedometer drive off at the transmission. So now comes the fun part, trying
to find a speedometer drive for an 82 Datsun 210 without buying the whole
transmission. This has convinced me of one thing, the Bugeye that I'm
building will get a Spridget transmission and not a 5 speed. Had I known the
damage required to the heater box I never would have started this.

Thanks, just blowing off steam.

Larry Miller
59 Bugeye (Under Construction And Fighting Back)
60 Bugeye (Undergoing 5 Speed Transplant And Resisting)