Re: Fw: 5 speed Bugeye with crappy clutch

To: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: 5 speed Bugeye with crappy clutch
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:26:40 -0800
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daryl

The list will correct me if I'm wrong but you can't just resleeve a 7/8 to
3/4 as someone said, you would also need the pistons from the 3/4 MC. As far
as I can tell these are not available. So you might as well find a 3/4 and
redo it. I looked at all of this about 6 months ago and called every
supplier that I could find a number for.  Every one told me the pistons are
not available.  At that time I decided to stick with the 7/8 at least until
I get the car up and running with the 5-speed.  The 7/8 works fine with the
disc brakes and I have not had any problem with rear wheel lockup in the 20
years or so that I've had this combination. There is also some question
about the springs between the 7/8 and 3/4 being the same.

Larry Miller