Midget clutch slave cylinder

To: <SPRIDGETS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget clutch slave cylinder
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:57:45 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
There is always the possibility that if Joe rebuilt his clutch slave
cylinder he also put in a new pushrod.  I and others have had the
experience of ordering a new pushrod from the Moss catalog, for instance,
and receiving one that was too short to operate the clutch fork.
Comparing the new one to the old one revealed that the old one seemed to
have an extension welded on.  This not only happened to me but at least two
others that I know of.  No one has been able to explain this  to my
satisfaction yet, but when I put in the "correct" rod, the clutch won't
work.  If I use the old one, it works fine.  This was true both before and
after I installed a new clutch and rebuilt tranny from Victoria British.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain