Re: lug wrench, spare tire?

To: Amy Soich <casoich@sgi.net>, Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: lug wrench, spare tire?
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:40:33 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Amy,

Call around and see if you can find a junkyard with a old midget or two in it
(year doesn't matter, this includes 1500's).  Often these cars will have some of
the tools like lug wrenches and jacks left in the trunk.  They shouldn't cost
much, these jacks aren't much good if you don't have a LBC, and only on a few of
them.

Any Sprite or Midget steel wheel will fit your hub, so I wouldn't worry about
the style for the spare, you can probablly find one on the cheap side if you
arn't picky about getting an exact match.  It seems that the wheels on 67's are
a little different than the normal steel wheels (maybe ours were used 3 or 4
years???), so an exact match will be a harder search.

While you are looking for junk cars, check in the trunk for the spare hold down,
these are different for steel and wire wheels, and like before, shouldn't cost a
bunch.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - Dallas, TX