Re: removing the dash?

To: Amy Soich <casoich@sgi.net>, Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: removing the dash?
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:01:52 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Amy

They are part of the gauges, what you have to do is undo the curled nuts
that hold the clamps on the back of each gauge.  Be very careful not to
lose any of these nuts or brackets.  Undo the speedo cable.  Finally,
unattach and mark EVERY wire with exactly where it came from, (a piece of
masking tape and a fine tip write anywhere type pen will do fine), make
sure that you write enough info so you will remember.  The push the gauges
from the back, out the front of the dash.

Once you have the gauge out, here come the fun pat.  The chrome bezels
supposedly turn to detach, but often are to tight to do this.  You can get
a small screwdriver and carefully bend the tabs (for reference there are 6
on my tach) up all around to loosen it.  If you do this, the bend needs to
be ever so slight, and if you go too far, the bezel can and will crack.

Good luck, go slow and this will be painless,

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - Dallas, TX

'67 A-H Sprite - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/sprites.html