Re: Running Out Of RPMs

To: chuck ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Running Out Of RPMs
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:22:23 -0600
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I may be way off here, but isn't the engine's load at say 4,300 rpm's in
first or second the same as 4,300 rpm's in the higher gears.

My possibly incorrect assumption is that higher speed effects flow of
fuel matters due to wind and road resistance, but fuel consumption would
be constant at 4,300 RPM's regardless of speed.  So, if you can get the
engine turning higher in those lower gears, wouldn't it take about the
same amount of gas to make it spin that high in 4th or 5th (THAT FEELS
WEIRD TO SAY).

If I am wrong on this please explain, I'm just trying to think this one
through. (if I am wrong could the problem be on the air side of the carb
mixture?)

Patton (cautiously trying out his Pol. Sci. Major brain on advanced
diagnosis problems)

--
Patton Dickson - Dallas, TX

'67 A-H Sprite - http://members.xoom.com/spridget/sprites.html