Signs of life ...

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Signs of life ...
From: Foxy Dave <dfox@blarg.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 07:39:06 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Spridgeteers !
 Well it's been three weeks now since I took the plunge and bought my first
(ever) Midget. ('67)
At $600 not running I knew it would be a while before I'd be posting
accounts of my spectacular weekend excursions driving country roads with
the top down.
 I'm not on the road yet but things are looking good so far ! I'm
rebuilding the front suspension right now
but having a terrible time removing the last of the four inner A-arm bolts.
The stubborn one is the rear
right. I heard they were tough but Jeez ! Any suggestions ? Yeah, I know,
....... Just keep pounding !
 Meanwhile, I've been lucky enough to meet Ulix (fellow lister) who lives
only 15 minutes away.
He's got a gorgeous '67 Sprite and a vast amount of knowledge and
experience, not to mention tons
of enthusiasm ! He stopped by yesterday afternoon to check my progress and
caught me being lazy.
I was no where near my car. It was mighty cold out and, ..... but .......
but ......
Really I had been putting off sorting out the starting circuit 'cause none
of the electrics seemed to be working and it had me slightly intimidated.
Enter Ulix, or should I say St. Ulix :-) .
After a few hours of trouble shooting/diagnosis, expertly performed I might
add, he had everything back to life. I'm sure left to my own devices I
would still be poking things with a tester and scratching my head.
Now it's time to put some gas in and see what happens.

there you have it.
 3 Spridget-cheers for Mr. Ulix Goettsch !!!!
With his help I'll be driving those country roads in no time.

Dave Fox
(long time admirer first time owner)
'67 Midget