car purchase

To: ldsp@flash.net
Subject: car purchase
From: jim wright <wrightjg@the-bridge.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:01:49 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Leo;
I think someone hit it on the head when they suggested the LBC was for
you?  Maybe someone should tap you on the gourd, how could you possibly
put, what I'm assuming is an untrained driver into a car without some
protection.  I speak from experience, both my son and daughter were
started out in large GM cars, with frames and roofs. Since 40+% of all
drivers will be involved in crashes in their first year of driving, why
not give them a fighting chance.  In my past life I was an accident
reconstructionist and taught crash avoidance courses to people who drive
fast for a living.  I just don't understand why you would consider
putting someone you love into a LBC or a Geo until they've had several
years of driving experience behind them.

Good luck,
Jim