Re: Zenith Year? AND Smog Control!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Zenith Year? AND Smog Control!
From: Les Myer <lmyer@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 22:18:37 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
More 1500 vs 1275????  Sure, the 1500 should have more torque than a 1275
and should therefore feel snappier in general putzing about town. I'm sure
the 1500 would walk away from a 1275 in a 25mph rolling start in fourth
gear.  But drop them both into second and I think it would be a different
story.  Which is better?  There are arguments for both, depending on how
they are driven.  Comparing the performance of early 1275 Spridgets with
1500 Midgets is like comparing a '67 327ci Camaro with a 78 403ci Trans Am
- either could be built for more power, but it would be harder to find
proper mods for the emissions design engine.  Which one would end up
faster, and in what manner - depends on the skill of the builder.

Les