Re: ultimate spridget

To: "Spridgets Group" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: ultimate spridget
From: "Mostyn Faulkner" <mostyn_f@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:41:25 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Crash,
You are so right....
I threw away a '67 for scrap after I took the necessary upgrades away
Simple    simple    simple
Oh one more thing though...........Lighting relays  no more hand heating
light switch...

Mostyn

Crash wrote:

O.K. you guys asked for it.  The "ultimate spridget" is an Austin Healey
Sprite from before there were spridgets or Mark (whatever).  You know like
bugeye, frogeye, or like on my plates Bug-I...  I must believe this as I own
two.
One " 61 Bug-I" is original with drum brakes, 948cc, and smoothcase trans.
This car demands to be driven hard just to keep up with traffic, but is more
fun to drive than any car I have ever owned.
Second place goes to "60 Bug-I" with front disks and dual piston rear
brakes, sway bay, delron bushings, ribcase, and 1098cc ala Vizard (soon to
be 74hp 948cc with 5-speed).  while this car is much faster (both going and
stopping) it is still one notch down on the fun scale.
Anybody who "needs" a Boot lid, roll-up windows, or hood thats attached to
their car, doesn't understand what a "Sports Car" is really all about
anyway.
Crash