Re: LBC's SOBRIQUET

To: "Richard J. Moses II" <dr.moses@juno.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: LBC's SOBRIQUET
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 19:26:18 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Lets see, my sons named James (MkIIA sprite). They were reading a Thomas
the Tank Engine book at the time and one of the pages said "James is Red"
(followed by Thomas is Blue, etc etc). When I bought home the Monza Red
sprite, it was immediately christened James.

My wife named bubbles, she doesn't remember why but I suspect it was
the rust bubbles she noticed!!!

The racecar was named "Fluoro" by everyone who saw it. The paint scheme was
a bright dayglo orange with white GT stripes. Since the respray I did 2
years ago
(colour Mercedes Aqua Blue), it has become known as "Bluoro"!! My boys just
call
it 'racecar'.

Bridgette, the british racing green MGBGT was named by poll to the
british-cars list! I was looking for a suitable female name, one of the
readers
suggested bridgette because it was female, contained B R G, and G T.

Redcar ('59 bugeye and my competition rally car) was named by previous
owner Daren Stone. I have tried hard to rename the car "DeeDee" (CA plates
were DDH 991), but redcar has stuck....

Our Rover SD1 is called Thomas. For the reason see James above!

I have lots more spridgets, but they are nameless until they are in regular
use...

Mike