More Stars Cars

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Stars Cars
From: bhndrson@west.net
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:18:14 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 07:37 PM 4/2/98 -0500, you wrote:

>For the record, Tim Allen is an LBC buff too. He owns the Healey from last
years
>show and he also owns the Mini Cooper at the used car lot where Jill bought the
>Healey.Also one of the late show guys, (I forget if it is Jay Leno or David
>Letterman) has a bunch of LBCs.
>I don't know this for a fact, it is just what I have heard.

It's fairly common knowledge that Leno is a major car nut with one of the
better private collections.  He even turns his own wrench.  He also has a
great motorcycle collection.  I've heard that Letterman is also into cars to
the extent that he sponsors a race team.  His doings are more private than
Leno's but I've heard rumors that he also collects interesting cars.

BTW, I was under the impression that the Mini with the Union Jack on the
roof on Tim Allen's show is actually owned by Leno.  I recollect seeing a
photo in a recent magazine article (Classic Automobile Quarterly or some
such) where that vehicle could be seen as one in the garage.  This is
reflected by Leno's presence in that episode where they go to the car lot
and pick up the Healey.

Bruce Henderson
1969 Sprite