re: Fattest Tire on 13x6 MiniLite Rim?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Fattest Tire on 13x6 MiniLite Rim?
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 98 20:12:47 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
  I was discussing this with someone from Australia(?) last week.  According
to him the widest that will fit reliably is 175/60.  You might get a 185/60
to work but it will depend a -lot- on what offset the wheels have and the
particular brand of tire (not all 185's are exactly 185).
  You probably pick up another 1/4" of clearance by flattening the inner
fender lip; but, I've wondered if this might trap more road goo too.
  On a separate thought; if these are "Carrol Shelby" wheels, they are
probably aluminum lookalikes of the magnesium Minilites.  I don't really
know how to tell, but I've been told that unpainted magnesium that isn't
cleaned regularly will turn black with age.
        Ed in NC