Windscreen Leaks and Oil Pressure

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Windscreen Leaks and Oil Pressure
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 08:50:38 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
"Thanks!" to everyone who responded with a suggestion on where to look
for windscreen leaks on Miss Molly:  Steve Byer and Chris Kotting, and
anyone else who may sent a suggestion.  The consensus seems to be to
check:

        (a) windscreen to frame;
        (b) frame to body;
        (c) wiper arm mounting holes; and the
        (d) washer jet mounting holes.

Also like to thank Guy Weller (UK) and Mike (mymgmidget@aol.com) for
further suggestions and comments on the oil pressure light flickering.
Guy noted that Dave Vizard suggests replacing the oil pressure valve with
a ball bearing, but didn't know the size.  Has anyone ever tried this?
What size bearing was used?

Mike noted that he used a lighter weight oil (2 10-30 and 2 10-40) in his
rebuilt engine during the break in period.  Most of my experience has
been with small block Chevy engines, and I simply transferred what I
learned there; ie, break in with the same grade of oil you're going to
run in the engine.  Do these engines have different requirements? What is
the lubricant of choice for LBC owners here?

Thanks!

Rich