RE: Plug for hole in cylinder head?

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "'dingram@tnet.net'" <dingram@tnet.net>
Subject: RE: Plug for hole in cylinder head?
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 15:18:54 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You have a hole in your head?

That head is from a 1275, which you correctly determined was for the
temperature probe. Do your self a favor and move your probe to the head
and plug the hole in the radiator. Why? because as explained to me when
I asked this very same question about two weeks ago, The hole in the
head is :
A.)  Quicker to respond to changes in engine temp.
B.)  If your thermostat fails to open, Your Radiator stays nice and cool
while your engine does a three mile island thing.
C.) By watching the gauge closely you could see the temperature drop
when the thermostat does open,  there by knowing the temp range of the
thermostat if would be important to you..

I believe that this should be a standard 1/2" NPT plug.