Re: su throttle shafts

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: su throttle shafts
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:28:06 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Both methods work fine, tho on some SUs, if you go with O/S shafts you have
to either ream the other bits that the shaft goes thru or turn the shaft
down. Not much fun. But I've done both. Not that hard to do.
Cheers  Peter
---------------------------------------
At 05:47 PM 4/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>A related question:
>What are the pros and cons of reaming the body and installing bigger
>shafts vs. rebushing the body and installing stock shafts?
>Thanks, Ulix
>
>On 17 Apr 1998, Matt Liggett wrote:
>
>> The throttle shafts are sloppy in the carb body on my HS2 SUs.  Where
>> have you all had good luck sending them and what was the total bill?
>> I've heard both good and bad about Apple Hydraulics.  I'm on a budget.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> <mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
>>                                   '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG

>                                                           '67 Sprite

Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com