Re: exhaust system

To: Steve Hombach <shombach@ee.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust system
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:40:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Steve Hombach wrote:

> 59 Bugeye w/1275 engine - what exhaust pipe do you use?  The pipes seem
> different both in shape and in header-end.  Does the 1275 pipe fit the
> engine compartment correctly or does the 948 pipe fit the 1275 engine.  Or
> is it something that must be cut or welded to have a correct fit?

1275 manifold and exhaust pipe.
Use the later type with the 3 bolts (pipe to manifold)
I have a 59 with headers and a 60 with stock  (1275) exhaust.
If memory is still working, I think you have to drill a new hole in the boot for
a 1275 muffler
(not quite positive on this though) 1 car has stock muffler, the other runs a
cherry bomb.

Good luck
Frank