Re: side mirrors

To: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: side mirrors
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:35:47 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Rick/Carolyn wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been working on the Jag all day so I didn't get to install my side
> mirrors on the frogeye.  Now when I pick them up I notice they can point
> up or point down.  What's the list think?  Did you point the arms up or
> down?
>
> BTW I'm going to mount them on the doors insteed of the wings, as
> puddles vibrates the inside mirror, they would be totally useless on the
> wings.
>
> Rick

Rick and any others

I mounted my mirrors on the windsheild post.
No holes in the doors, Never again way out on the front fenders. (done that)
I drilled the windsheild post base, threaded it (10/32) and mounted my mirrors
on it.
I know this wrecks the post but it stays adjusted, if on the door, every time
you close the door you will knock out the adjustment. If out on the front wings,
they are just for looks, no driver usability to speak of.
I have even used the one hole mirrors and bolted it thru the windsheild post
bolt hole, no drilling at all.

This is me and my cars, not original but it seems to work best on side curtain
models.

Frank