Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern List version 93.16.02

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern List version 93.16.02
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:19:36 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>I was searching around the new tonight, and I found list of different
bolt
>patterns and what they can be found on.  I knew about the Chevy Vega,
>but I hadn't ever thought about GM building sister cars to the Vega.

As I recall, the conventional wisdom was that the Vega wheel could be
used, but the wheel studs should be upgraded to a 7/16", and a spacer
(large washer?) should be used to compensate for the difference in the
hubs.  Heck, you might even have been the one who passed that info on to
me; am I remembering correctly?

>Heck, I try to forget about ANY American car built during that time.

The key to '70's American iron is never to leave it in the configuration
in which it was built.  For instance, my '72 Vega's engine was kidnapped
by horsepower elves, only to be replaced by a '74 400 cid small block and
a power glide; while my '75 Monza's V6 was turned into a nifty planter,
so I was forced to install a 388 small block (350, .060, 400 crank and
rods).  Ain't no problem can't be overcome by a large welding torch and a
little imagination....

Rich