re: Wheel Bolt Pattern List version 93.16.02

To: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: re: Wheel Bolt Pattern List version 93.16.02
From: Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Patton,

Thanks for posting the list with the 4 on 4 bolt patterns! I always look
for something that fits and that people know (or have in their incomplete
lists) when I go shopping for wheels. They don't have the `4 on 4'
anywhere written down.

Anyway, I looked through the list and found two cars that have very likely
metric bolt patterns: The Opels Manta and Kadett. It would be really
strange to find then not to be 4 on 100mm. In the same fashion are also
some BMW bolt patterns (old BMW 3 series). As Al Fisher pointed out: the
100mm are almost 4". 4" are actually 101.6mm. The difference is about 1.6%
or 1.6mm in this case.

I love one old BMW wheel that I am longing to find, but I don't really
trust that bolt pattern. It could ruin my day if in a swiftly driven curve
the wheel passes me.

Cheers,

Gus
'71 Midget