Re: flasher warning light

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: flasher warning light
From: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:28:06 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
To: carolien coulter <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 1:26 PM

>carolien coulter wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> While I was on hold with my facia stays I decided to tackle my flasher
>> warning light(the green one-Bugeye). It doesn't work. It's the only thing
>> that is not working after the new harness. The lights flash etc. I
swapped
>> another flasher unit I Had-same thing tail lights flash etc. but not the
>> waring lt. Then decided to run a bulb straight of the 'p' position on the
>> flasher unit trying to eliminate a broken wire( the one that goes from
the
>> light to the flasher unit -light green), still no light. ????? Stumped in
>> other words-anybody have any other ideas?? Thanks, Carol.
>
> Carol
>
>A bad ground to the dash would cause the green flasher light not to work.
>scrape off some paint where the light screws into the dash. Or hold it
against
>some other metal part and see if it works.
>Not sure on the color of the dash stays, I use "glossy black" on everything
>(Krylon)
>
>--
>Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
>Too many LBCs
>3 Sprites, an Austin A40, and an Austin Mini all on the road.
>1 Jaguar XJ6 family car,  1 Racer Midget project , &  2 Parts Spridgets
>Check out my home page at           http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut
>Hi Frank,
Among other things I am still fuzzy on this computer, so I don't know how
many replies your're getting to this message. Anyway, if I move the light
green wire on the flasher unit to the same post as the green with brown wire
on the flasher unit, the light is steady with the turn signal light switch
off. If I turn the turn signal switch left or right the light blinks. So if
I can get rid of the light being on when the switch is off I'll be all
set,although that wiring is not correct like that according to the diagram.
Carol.