Re: rear license bracket

To: carolien coulter <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: rear license bracket
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:51:02 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

carolien coulter wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> On to the next set of problems(challenges?):
> 1. Is the rear license plate bolted right onto the car ( or the frame for
> the plate) or are there some spacers or something between the bracket and
> the car body?
> 2. The bonnet stay that folds down in front of the radiator: I found the 2
> holes in the radiator to body bracket that the bracket from the stay bolts
> onto , but on the other side their is nothing that shows where the clip goes
> that it clips into. The pictures I have show some kind of bracket coming
> from the radiator to wheel arch bracket.I don't think I have that; what does
> it look like?
> 3. were the door seals glued in or just pressed on hopefully it stays?
>  Thanks again , Carol '59 Bugeye

 Carol

The license plate bolted directly to the body.
I use thick rubber washers as spacers. Good luck getting to the nuts inside the
boot!

I think you are missing your inner fender (wing)  to radiator supports.
These are "U" shaped brackets that go from the inner fenders to the radiator
uprights.

The door seals were just pressed on.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs