Exhaust Manifold vs. Header

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Exhaust Manifold vs. Header
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 23:47:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
After my description of my erstwhile manifold, the concensus is that I have
a header and not a manifold.  Looking at pictures and hearing the
explanations, I'm inclined to agree.  Well, one of my goals for owning this
car is already coming true.  I'm learning about autos.  Now I know the
difference in looks between a manifold and a header.

So here's another question.  There is obviously a reason for switching to a
header.  What is it?  More power?  Switching back to a manifold, will that
cost me the 60 psi oil pressure I had before the crack up?

A neophyte begs education.  :)

Philip
1974 MG Midget (Burgundy)