Re: bugeye brakes

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: bugeye brakes
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 16:34:13 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Carolien -

1)  Check the adjustment on the drum brakes again. (You are adjusting
them with the handbrake OFF, right?)

2)  Look for play in the brake-pedal-to-master-cylinder linkage,
especially the clevis pin.  After a while the pin and the holes it goes
through can wear egg-shaped, reducing the effective travel.

3)  When in doubt, bleed the system again.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net