Re: See ya all at CARLISLE !!!!!!!!

To: R Williams <spriteracer@juno.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: See ya all at CARLISLE !!!!!!!!
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:37:12 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
R Williams wrote:

> To: those lucky people going to Hershey.
> I really, really, really wish I could make it, being that I grew up in
> nearby Hershey and all. Unfortunately work and distance (now living in
> Louisiana) prevent me from doing so....

We'll miss you, Rick!  The more Sprite nuts, the merrier.  I plan to take
pictures, and I know Les is planning a big spread in PDLJMPR.  Chatter will
have reports and pictures, so you'll at least be able to see some of the fun.

Tell you what -- why don't you try having a mini Sprite Rush at home?

Popularity Show:  First, roll your car out to the end of the driveway and
spend several hours cleaning it with a toothpick and a toothbrush.
(Hmmm...maybe that's why a dentist is sponsoring this event.)  Have some
nearby kids come by with their Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars and set them up
next to your car.  Invite the neighbors to come look under the bonnet and
encourage them to point at arbitrary parts in there and ask "Is that
original?" or "Where did you get that?"  Paste a mustache on one of the
visitors.  That person will be the Designated Frank.  Whenever someone says,
"I can't find one of those anywhere," the Designated Frank should say, "Oh, I
built one of those one time out of [a tin can/a bobby pin/a paper clip/a
rock/a cow] and it lasted 10,000 miles."

At the end of the event, award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place to the Matchbox
cars...preferably ones that are much shoddier than yours.

Coming soon:  Driving Events!

Off to Sprite Rush,
Amy T.