RE: Lost Oil Cap and Gas pedal question

To: "'Mymgmidget'" <Mymgmidget@aol.com>, "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Lost Oil Cap and Gas pedal question
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:18:08 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike

As for the filler cap:  there's a chance that it is down inside the fender,
between the inner and outer wing, as the manufacturer would say. You might be
able to fish it out with a hook or something. I pulled a wrench out with a
magnet and once, with great patience I pulled a plastic Master cylinder cap out
by taking an old choke cable (just the springy outer part, the cable itself was
broken) and putting a glob of semi-hardened 3M weather-strip adhesive on the
end and going fishing. I had the replace the glob twice because as it hardens
it loses it's stickyness. You have to touch it, let it adhere a bit and then
gently lift. An oil filler might be too heavy for this though. It's also pretty
messy, not at all recommended for the concours engine bay. A mirror is helpful.
It's very frustrating.

I've never messed with the Accelerator Pedal.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget