Re: windshield

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, carolien@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: windshield
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:39:24 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Part of the trick to installing glass is to do it a heavily padded
surface so that the stress is spread out as much as possible I use about
4 or 5 furniture blankets and do it on the floor. Installed 3 so far
with no breakage. These were all originals just replacing the rubber so
I am not sure if the reproduction ones are weaker or just not shaped
right and that's why they break easier.
After you do a MGB windshield you will think that Bugeyes are easy.