Still more BCW!

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Still more BCW!
From: Mark Allen <marka@infolane.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:54:17 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,

Last week you may have read about the trip Reid Trummel and I took, driving
a 1979 MG Midget across the US.  Well, here we go again!  This morning Reid
and Stu Johnson left Redwood City, California in a 1956 Austin-Healey 100-M
bound for northern Idaho.

True to form, the first day out has not been without incident.  The first
problem turned out to be a blown fuse which caused the overdrive to drop
out.  Someone, many years ago, had put a 5 amp fuse in the circuit!  It is
amazing that it ever worked at all.  A good fuse of apporpriate value was
installed and they were back on the road.

Just west of Lovelock, Nevada the right rear tire decided to go flat.  The
spare was installed and the flat was fixed in Lovelock for the sum of
$17.50.

The day's real headache was the weather.  Reid and Stu encounted snow,
freezing rain and slush, in California, in May!!  What's wrong with this
picture?!?

Today's leg was 415 miles, putting them in Winnemucca, Nevada.  Tomorrow
they're off to Boise, Idaho.  Tonight they're off in search of nachos and
beer!

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Allen