Key Questions

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Key Questions
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 16:25:36 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
All,

When I acquired my '62 Sprite all that came with her was one
ignition key.  I found a locksmith who made custom copies using
total blanks.  At that time I didn't know the key number for the
trunk.  Now that I have my BMIHT certificate, I see that my trunk
key number is "FP.646".  Can I get anyone to make a key from this
info?  Or am I now looking for a new trunk handle/lock with a
key?  Or can the tumbler unit be replaced with a new one with a
key?

While I'm asking for help I'll throw a question out for the ring,
What is the best treatment to use on old rubber to keep it from
deteriorating any further and/or possibly bring it back to life a
little?  My original rubber mats are in fairly good shape and I
would like to at least perserve the status quo if not help them
in the process.  I've heard all sorts of local opinions which as
usual controdict.  Is there a majicial elixir I can use?

Biff, AN6