Re: Day Off - Are We Having Fun Yet?

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Day Off - Are We Having Fun Yet?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 19:15:36 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Phil

1st you should have used my method of spring removal. Just lower the A arm all
the way and the spring practically falls out. (I've done this probably 30-40
times, never did the threaded rod or long bolt trick, seems like it would take
forever)
It sounds as if you nut is stripped. Borrow, rent, steal, or buy a nut splitter,
any auto or tool store has them they run about 10-20 bucks. split the nut and it
is off.You will be all day with a hacksaw
they are hardened nuts. Pick up a new 3/8 X 24 nyloc nut while you are at the
store, get 4, never reuse nyloc nuts where safty is concerned and your A arms
should be saftly bolted.

If you are having troubles getting the bolt out, try heat from a propane torch
(bernz-o-matic) to melt out the old bushings. They sometimes rust in there. Also
use a lot of Liquid Wrench, WD 40 is no place near as good at loosening bolts.
Use a suitable drift to tap out the old bolt or a crowbar to lever it out from
the large washer side. Work it back and forth, they are stuburn but not
impossible.

Good luck
Frank

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs