Re: restoration courses

To: emakris@hol.gr, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: restoration courses
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 06:28:46 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>What is your opinion on Classic Vehicle Restoration courses
>offered at various colleges? (length: 2 years)

>Would you take your car to be restored/serviced to a person
>who has completed such a program, hands-on experience and
>all that?

Depends on the person who completed the course, the experience gained
since the course was completed, who taught the course (instructor
qualifications), and whether or not the person was any good.  Not knowing
the college/course, I can only guess, but if we assume the traditional
student of a community college or voc-tech school then we would have a
20-22 year old with little experience who completed a degree/certficate
in what is probably not much more than auto-body work.  I would want more
than that if I was going to have a vehicle *restored* but would be fairly
comfortable with having it serviced by such a person.

Rich