Re: restoration courses

To: emakris@hol.gr (Evangelos G. Makris)
Subject: Re: restoration courses
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:55:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I don't think I would take my beloved LBCs to someone who simply took
these courses, no more than I'd trust them to the high school auto shop.
I'd sure like to take those courses though.

A local vocational high school has adult programs in fall and winter.
Among them, thanks the the tech advisor of the local MG club, is a class
called "British Auto Repair".  You work on your own car, parts, whatever
you want to bring in (used to work on my Blazer when there was too much
snow to drive the Midget there).  It's something like $90 a session and
was money well-spent.  I couldn't take it for the last couple years
because of my work hours, but now that I work the graveyard shift, I
can't wait 'til it starts up again in September.  I would recommend
something like this to any LBC owner, or even any car owner who wants to
work on their own cars.  The use of the equipment alone (lifts, valve
grinders, etc.) is well worth it, not to mention the additional bodies
to help.  We had one guy who never even changed his own oil before.
Four people pulled his engine the first night, and he rebuilt it himself
during the rest of the session.  We usually had about three or four
engine rebuilds going every year.  I'm getting antsy just thinking about
it.  It's lots of off-season fun for the LBC nut.      (-8

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger