1999 West Coast Meet

To: Elizabeth Lunney <beth_lunney@email.msn.com>
Subject: 1999 West Coast Meet
From: Reid Trummel <rtrummel@san.osd.mil>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:09:19 -0400
Cc: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, bobh@healey.org
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dick Lunney, Chatter Advertising Manager, wrote:

> One respondent to this dialog mentioned the San Diego club
> and their decision to go it alone without affiliating with
> either North America Healey organization.  Next year they
> are hosting the West Coast Meet and I'm sure they expect
> support and participation from the national Healey universe.
> In fact, I am aware that they have already begun sending out > promotional
>materials and the question is being ask, who
> are they guys?  Do we know them?  Have they supported our
> events?  Most of us know that going to a Healey event is a
> great experience, but without knowing your host, many are
> questioning whether to trek to San Diego.  I hope their
> event is a success, San Diego is a wonderful place.  But....?

Dear Dick (and everyone),

The Austin-Healey Club of San Diego is not unknown.  They are a club of
about 75 members.  They have an active calendar of events and an
excellent newsletter named Healey Hearsay.  (One member of the Board of
Directors of the Austin-Healey Club USA is also an active member of that
club.)

They are an independent club, and always have been.  We, the
Austin-Healey Club USA, have never approached them about their becoming
a chapter of ours since we have no chapters!  Their club and ours are
independent clubs, and we are working together closely on the West Coast
Meet.

They agreed to host the 1999 West Coast Meet (the annual meet sponsored
by the Austin-Healey Club USA) and we are all lucky to have such an
enthusiastic, well-organized group taking on this project.  We have been
working with John Schermerhorn, the event chair, for many months.

They have the complete support and confidence of the Austin-Healey Club
USA, and we look forward to an exceptionally enjoyable, well-run event
hosted in San Diego next year.

I hope this clarifies things.

Cheers,
Reid Trummel