Re: Tires ... etc (part III)

To: chuckc@ibm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tires ... etc (part III)
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:07:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'd go back and retorque the wheels too.

THEY ARE TOO TIGHT OR TOO LOOSE GUARANTEED...

I watched one guy go around in a circle from loose to tight in one pass.

I went out and made him loosen them and tighten them in a star pattern
and in several passes.  He didn't HAVE a torque wrench!  (Sam's Club)

I guess if you can't stock shelves they put you in the garage...

They just (air) wrench them down and walk away.  Warping rotors or the
wheels falling off.....no common sense.

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA  73-74 Midget, 88 Volvo

Central Virginia MG Classics  WWW.CENTRALVAMG.COM
COME TO RICHMOND---September 19th-20th Richmond British Car Days at
Berkeley Plantation.   E-mail me for info or see the website.