Re: Tires ... etc (part III)

To: "Chuck Ciaffone" <chuckc@ibm.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tires ... etc (part III)
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 07:14:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It's not unique to Sears mechanics. EVERY oil change shop in my area
inflates the tires to the "MAX PSI" rating on the sidewall, and I can't
seem to convince them that the tire pressures on the door frame sticker
actually mean something. I had one shop owner tell me that he was trained
that way because that PSI rating is what you should run if you aren't sure
of the precise pressure.

It takes a while to let 20 pounds of air out of four tires....

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye