dead tach

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dead tach
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:49:36 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just completed the postive to  negative ground conversion on my '65 Mk3
Sprite. All went well and I took the opportunity to recalibrate the tach
(since it was out for surgery anyway). Everything worked great until I took
the car on the highway. At 4000 rpm the tach went dead. No warning and had
been rock steady and accurate up to that point. Removed it and dissaembled.
No obvious problems such as loose solder jionts, etc. Could I have
heat-injured the resistor that is re-soldered in the conversion? If so, why
would it have worked for a day, then died so suddenly? Any advice greatly
appreciated; I've been Spriteless for a week and I'm getting cranky (you
can call home and ask my wife!)

Bonus points: What song is that last parenthetical from?

TIA,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html