Re: 1500: fuel problems

To: "Charles Schaal" <cschaal@murlin.com>, "spridgets@auto.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500: fuel problems
From: "William M. Schickling" <bugeye@dreamscape.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:06:14 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chas,

I ran into a similar problem this past weekend. I rebuilt the carburetors on
my car. Hooked everything back up and no fuel. I could Lewinski  the gas
tank filler and push gas into the carbs. The fuel pump pumped gas when
disconnected, but couldn't get gas into the carbs. My problem turned out to
be a bad piece of flexible hose going to the carbs. It was actually weeping
gas. I replaced this piece of hose and everything was great.

This was on my MKII with a mechanical fuel pump, so, your mileage may vary.

Bill Schickling