Voltage regulator rebuild?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage regulator rebuild?
From: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:03:40 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
While making the final connections for my new wiring harness I thought it
might be
a good idea to inspect the voltage regulator. Good thing I did. It is in
very scary
shape. I have no idea how it continued to function being in the shape it
was in.
The routing terminals underneath look like they were exposed to
the elements for their 38 years of life. They are very corroded and
delicate to the touch to the point that they fall apart if you touch them.
Does anybody know of a shop that services/rebuilds Lucas Voltage Regulators?
or in the worst case scenario, does anybody know of a place that sells NOS or
used Lucas Volt Regs?

Thanks much,

Jim Rowan
60 Sprite