Re: 5-speed questions

To: "Nory" <Nory@webtv.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: 5-speed questions
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:20:32 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I tried to install the cable with the tranny in the car and could not.
Should have done what Frank did but I pulled the engine instead.  I then
broke the speedo drive off the tranny when the attached cable snagged on the
cross member. That was $30 from Datsun. It's a pain in the A*S either way.
On the Bugeye there is a clip on the drivers side footwell that holds the
cable up high as it comes out of the tunnel.  I then used cable ties to
attach it to the line from the MC to the tranny which is now on the left
side. This keeps it away from the header. If you tighten the Rivergate gear
box to the tranny so that the cable attachment points down at a slight
angle, the stiffness of the cable will keep the cable against the bottom of
the tunnel as it loops around the back of the tranny under the driveshaft
and out the left side.  I've pulled the boot a few times to verify that the
cable is staying away from the driveshaft.

LM